It's a very sad day that it's the last day of summer vacation, but we can't complain about what an awesome and busy summer we've had! We had a great family day today in honor of the summer coming to a close for us. We started the "one of us gets up with Brielle and lets the other one sleep" this weekend. Daddy got to sleep in on Saturday morning and Mommy got to sleep in on Sunday! The best part, though, was that Brielle slept until 8:00 this morning! Once everyone was up, Daddy went and cleaned the pool and Mommy and Brielle got our swimsuits on and went for a dip. It was a brisk 70 degrees with all the rain we've had, but it was refreshing and Brielle didn't care one bit!!Brielle went in for a nap and was up a lot sooner than we thought! So, we headed down to the Plymouth waterfront for a walk. We took her beloved bike with her (sitting in a stroller is not as fun, according to Brielle!). We walked all the way from the Ming, to the Jenney Grist Mill (for those of you who know Plymouth) and saw some ducks and turtles! We then walked up Court Street and back to the waterfront. It was hot, but there was a slight breeze, being on the water, and Brielle loved being in her bike. Al has never been a walker, because of his hip, but, for those of you who don't know, he has lost a ton of weight (and keeps losing...go Al!) and his hip is feeling better and was able to do the walk no problem! That really makes me so happy for two reasons: 1) I love to go for walks, and always wanted Al to come with me, but he never has and 2) I am so proud of him for losing all this weight and feeling so much better about himself both mentally and physically that he is able to a few mile walk!
I know this is the last day of summer, and I am very sad, but I am trying to give myself some positive energy and look forward to a good school year (hopefully!) I will miss Brielle A TON, but I will cherish the time I have with her after school and on the weekends that much more. She is in great hands, either with my sister, my mom, or daycare. She will have a wonderful school year for sure! Al said today that he is also going to adjust because he said it's always hard when I go back because he can't just "pick up the phone" and call me. or, stop by the house for lunch and see Brielle and me. It will be a definite adjustment for all of us, but as they say, all good things must come to an end!




3 comments:
Way to go Al! Looks like a nice way to spend a Sunday. Once Will got his trike for his 1st birthday, he wanted to be pushed on it all the time too. Funny kids. Good luck tomorrow.
Nice work Al! Keep it up. :)
That is great about Al! Good luck with the first days of school, Caitlin... it's still weird to me that I am not going back. I am still dreading the first day, though, because Dave is going back and I will be on my own! Brielle will have so much fun with your mom, your sister, and the kids in daycare. Good luck!
Post a Comment