Well, I don't have any new pictures to post, but people have been asking me to update the blog so here it is!
I am 19 weeks this weekend and I feel great! It wasn't until two weeks ago that I really started to feel better. That "morning" sickness, which turned out to be more in the evening, lasted well into my second trimester! I have more energy to actually do things, like stay at school past the time I HAVE to be there or pick up the house!
I started to feel the baby move on Thursday, February 19th, but I didn't really realize that it was the baby until that Sunday. The really amazing part about feeling the baby move on this date was because I had talked to my mom's dear friend, Mary, that morning and she was telling me how awesome it will be to feel the baby move. That evening, I started feeling little "flutters" but thought that they were hunger pains. I continued to feel them for three more days and then realized that they were not hunger pains at all, but baby movements! What an incredible feeling, and even more incredible to know that Jonathan had a part in making me feel the baby. It was most definitely a sign and everyone knows that I am always looking for signs. I can feel the baby more and more each day. It mostly happens when I am sitting or lying down, but it is just the most amazing feeling!
As for my belly, it is growing more and more each day it seems like! People at school tell me how "cute" I look. I don't know if that is the word that I would use, but I have to say that Al agrees with the "cuteness" characteristic! I have a doctor's appointment next week so I am interested to see how much weight I have gained. The last time I had only gained a half a pound and the doctor wants me to gain a bit more each month. I think I will have gained more because my appetite has mostly come back, but we will see!
That's all the updating I have for now! Please leave us a comment to let us know that you are viewing, and possibly enjoying, our blog!
4 comments:
I am enjoying it! Wait til you eat something sugary (like Oreos) and then the baby really gets going!
Thank you for the updates - I love the blog! I can't wait until Baby Howard starts moving so that Al can feel it - powerful stuff. Erin used to kick books off my belly when I would try to lay in bed reading at night. XOXO
I think it's wonderful that you can feel the baby moving! I think this blog is great Glad you are feeling better!
I love that you are keeping this blog and your pictures are beautiful! Aren't those "flutters" amazing? I remember feeling them while carrying you and at first I thought they were hunger pains too! Then you just "know!" Incredibly amazing! I love you & Al and can't wait to meet my new grandchild! xoxo
Post a Comment