Well, I have to say if this mother's day is anything like what mother's day will be in the future, I am very lucky! The day started out with Al and I going to church. My dad then stopped by to give me some "Mother's Day" gifts! He went shopping on my registry. My mom gave me a beautiful geranium plant and Lauren gave both my mom and I a picture of the three of us from when I was about 4 years old. My mom, Lauren, and I then had a delicious brunch at Waverly Oaks Golf Club and it brought back many memories of the wedding! We then bought some plants to plant at the cemetary where my grandmother, my Uncle Frankie, and grandfather are buried. I felt really nice to do that as we hadn't been there since Frankie's funeral and before that it had been years and years. It looks really pretty. My mom and uncle had the names engraved on the back of the stone with the birth and death dates (it had never been done before) and we got to see that too. The evening consisted of celebrating my mom's birthday, which is Tuesday, so Al came over with a cake and Lauren made some delicious pizza. Al forgot to get the candles so I got a bit creative!
As for the pregnancy update, I had a doctor's appointment last week at 27 weeks. The baby's heartrate was 156 and I measured 26 cm. I had some bloodwork done and my glucose levels are normal, but my iron is still low (despite taking supplements) so I have to take double the amount of iron now. I have still been very tired so I guess I should have figured that the anemia wasn't cured by the iron pills! My sciatica also has been painful for the past few weeks and the doctor thinks that it's probably here to stay. She recommended that I buy a "tummy sleeve" to help distribute the weight to the middle of my back rather than shooting down my legs. It has helped a bit and has made getting through the day more bearable. She also recommended massage therapy so I am saving up for that! I am now officially in my third trimester at 28 weeks. Some people say that I look huge, while others think I look great. You can be the judge of that! Don't worrry, you won't offend me! It's amazing what people will say to you! People who have been pregnant can relate I am sure! Thanks for checking in on us. I am sure I will have more updates soon! I am counting down the last few weeks of school...25 more days!
2 comments:
Happy Mother's Day! You are definitely already a Mom with all that you go through during a pregnancy. I, for one, do not think you look "huge"...although the polka dots were an optical illusion..I saw through it to the big smile! I can't wait to see picture of baby Mac 'n Cheese!
You look great! Looks like you had a great Mother's Day- next year will be even better! Whenever you think you look huge, just go back through my blog and look at my pictures of being pregnant with the twins- you will feel much better!
Post a Comment