Brielle and Caleb

Brielle and Caleb

Friday, April 10, 2009

23 week appointment

I went to the doctor's on Wednesday and had my 23 week checkup. The baby's heart-rate was about 140. The doctors also started measuring my belly with a tape at this appointment and I am 23 cm! The doctor said that I am right on target because the number should coincide with how many weeks I am. So, I guess I am going to be growing a centimeter a week from now on! I told the doctor about my hip pain, which is sciatica. He said that the pain will come and go from now on depending on where the baby is positioned and how much fluid I am retaining at certain points in the pregnancy. The pool, heat, yoga, an exercise ball, and tylenol are all things that might help the sciatica so I am doing the right things! I have actually felt great this week so I think the pool helped a lot on Monday night.
In other news, Al has been crazy busy with getting his spring cleanups underway at the condos and at residential houses. It seems like he is getting more and more jobs! He has a business partner now and a few new guys working for him so he is very excited. Cobra football also started up last week with a team meeting. He seems to have mixed feelings about that because there are lots of guys who aren't playing this year and some new guys on the team. But, I think he is looking forward to being a "seasoned veteran!" Last weekend we undertook the task of moving three of our rooms around (living room, dining room, and den) to make more room for when "baby" stuff arrives and to have the living room closer to the kitchen. We love it!
Thanks for checking in and hope everyone has a very happy Easter! We plan on spending part of the day with my mom going to church and to brunch and the other part at Al's parents for an easter egg hunt with our nieces and nephews. We look forward to next year when we will have a little one to dress up and celebrate with!

No comments: